Search This Blog
Monday, October 5, 2026
Favourite comics: Captain Sternn by Bernie Wrightson
One of the best comics of the 1980s that wasn't published by the big two (DC or Marvel) was Bernie Wrightson's Captain Sternn. The good Captain first appeared in the pages of the June 1980 edition of Heavy Metal magazine before staring in the 1981 animated Heavy Metal movie. However, it wouldn't be until 1993 when Kitchen Sink published the adventures of Captain Lincoln Sternn in a 5 issue mini series that I would savour Wrightson's lush cartoon style art. Below are some pages from the series featuring the amoral, wisecracking captain along with his wonderful partner in crime, the Hulk like Hanover Fiste (pictured above at the header).
Below are the excellent front and back covers to a recent collected edition (image from inertnet) whic
back cover
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Favourite comics: Captain Sternn by Bernie Wrightson
One of the best comics of the 1980s that wasn't published by the big two (DC or Marvel) was Bernie Wrightson's Captain Sternn. Th...
-
As mentioned in my previous post I have been on a bit of a back-issue comic buying spree recently picking up some of the comics I eithe...
-
In 1978 DC began a marketing campaign that would introduce a wave of new comics in an attempt to gain ground on the the publishing jugge...
-
I was probably about seven years old when I walked into my local newsagents in Cambuslang (near Glasgow) with my pocket money firmly he...








No comments:
Post a Comment